Help me understand steering clutches

mardi 29 juillet 2014

I need help understanding what is wrong with my D31E-20. It seems to have no fine steering, basically only full brake per each side or nothing, and then i have to beg it to do that. It has joystick steering control.



There is no power loss in the system at all. It will push and push till the tracks spin.



From my understanding of the system the steering clutches partially cut power to one side at a time therefore allowing for slight turns. Push the lever harder and then the brake grabs and turns sharp.



Since I vary rarely have any fine steering I assumed that the steering clutches were worn and since I have to beg it to make sharp turns I also figured that the brakes needed adjusting. When I read up on the system though I believe worn clutches would give other problems.



Here is my question, if the clutches were worn wouldn't it deliver basically no power, like in a car with a worn out clutch? If they are not worn, is it possible they are stuck engaged and that is the loss of my fine steering?



Thanks for any help




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire