Differences between a CAT D6 and a D7

vendredi 25 juillet 2014

Hello folks.



This Sunday I'm hoping to look at a Caterpillar D 7C that is for sale. It has an electric start and the Serial No. is 17A5871 which supposedly is a 1956 machine made in Peoria. The transmission identification number I have been told is 4H8440.



I have noticed there are a lot of low cost deals to be had on these two models - older D6's and D7's. Which of the two is the heaviest? It's not apparent to me when I search the internet. Which is more powerful?



What little I know about this particular 7C is that it runs fine except one of the tracks won't engage when trying to make a turn (not sure what side doesn't turn). The owner says he thinks it's a linkage problem. If it turns out that it needs a new steering clutch, is that a repair that can be done by someone with little knowledge and experience in the maintenance and repair of bulldozers? The assumption is that I would seek out help when doing the repairs. Is this a difficult job?



The other know fact is that this particular dozer comes with a straight blade without tilting capabilities. One of the things I am hoping to do with whatever dozer I end up buying, is to be able to push small to medium sized softwood stumps out of the ground. Will I be able to do that to some degree with a non-tilting blade on a D7C? Should I consider D6's as well?



Any response would be appreciated!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire