Owner Operator Business Advice

vendredi 25 juillet 2014

At the first of the year I finally decided to start my own business. I went out and purchased a 2006 LS170. At the time it had 640 hours on it and I found out about it through a friend who had purchased equipment from the guy before and vouched for his honesty and care of equipment. I got the machine with 66" low profile bucket for $15000.I also ended up buying his 18' 12000# trailer and he threw in steel OTT and a tooth bar for $5000. I bought a different truck as well 2001 F-350 7.3 crew cab dually 4x4 6spd with 121,000 for $15000. I think I made out pretty well on the prices for everything.



I also purchased a root grapple and a set of pallet forks. I currently am doing grading, lot clearing, etc. I am using cans and smaller dumps for my haul-aways. I debated getting a gooseneck dump trailer that I could also transport my machine with but I am wondering if that is just a waste of time and if I should just hold out for a dump truck in the future. But also unless it is a minimal amount of hauling is doing it at all profitable when I have to take time away from running the machine to do it? Maybe this is where employees would come into play?



I'm looking for some direction and advice from others who have started out similarly. Right now I have only done residential and just landed a snow removal contract this winter working with some other companies clearing a huge industrial complex. Not sure if I can compete doing commercial at this point or if it would even be worth it.



The other main issue is that I still work full time. It will have to be this way until business picks up enough to quit and do this full time. This really complicates things though



Thanks for all the help




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire